Sunday, January 8, 2012

Personal Goals for 2012

Here are the goals that I'm outlining for myself for 2012.  I realize that there are quite a few on this list.  I've never really made goals like this before, so I'm unsure of how many of these I'll actually accomplish.  I'm not too worried about it because I'm treating it very much as a learning experience.  Even if I achieve non of the goals on here, I'm betting that this process is going to be useful non the less.  However, I won't know that for sure until somewhere further down the road.  We'll find out then.  Notice that even this post is pushing me along on goal #4


Prioritized list - in order
1.  Brainstorm ideas for a passive income
2.  Create my 5, 10, and 20 year goals
3.  Read a book a week for a year
4.  Start and maintain a journal
5.  Create a steady stream of dates that I can go on around here to find people that I would be happy with in my network of friends
6.  Loose 5 lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle

All Goals for 2012 - Grouped by area
Physical
Loose 5 lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle
6 pack abs
Try 10 new things - Here is a partial list of things I may try
     Yoga, fasting, acccupuncture, regular massages, meditation, detox retreat, Vegatarianism, Veganism, odd food I woudln't normally eat, attending a conference on my dime

Financial
Brainstorm new investment strategy based on the black swan
Create a passive income stream of $300/month
     Brainstorm ideas for a passive income stream

Mental
Create my 5, 10, and 20 year goals
Decide if I'm going to business school and actively start pursuing that end if I am
Read a book a week for a year
Maintain my list of goals and update it throughout the year.  Also keep track of what I would like to achieve
Find ways that create more energy in my every day life and write them down
Start and maintain a journal
Learn how to do visualization in order to achieve goals and stay motivated

Spiritual
Understand buddhism and decide if I want to practice it

Social
Build up my EQ
Take a listening course on becoming a better listener
Bring back old relationships that have fallen off because of time and distance
Create a steady stream of dates that I can go on around here to find people that I would be happy with in my network of friends

Travel
Create my travel list and maintain it
Go to a new place on my travel list

Fun
Learn to Kite Surf

No comments:

Post a Comment